Mr Circuit Basic Electronics Lab 1
There are 5 items for sale here relating to this product.
1. The LAB 1 Box that has the Lab Manual and all the lab parts. (#1101-BOX)
2. The LAB 1 Manual so you can purchase extras or replacements. (#1101-MAN)
3. The LAB 1 Parts for experiments so you can buy extra sets (#1101-PARTS)
4. The Thumb Drive with videos, etc. for the teacher to use (#1101-TD)
5. 9-Volt Alkaline batteries (they are not supplied in the lab box) (#1101-9V)
With this lab, your students will learn electronics technology, and they will have a way of proving that they have. No longer will prospective employers or customers just have to take their word for it. Upon completion of this lab, you will print out and give them an official signed 8 1/2 x 11" Certificate of Electronics Training that can be added to their resume. They can display it with pride in their room or office.
The Mr Circuit Basic Electronics Lab 1 is a great way to begin an electronics technology education. It teaches the basics of electron theory and also gives hands-on experience of building electronic circuits.
The purpose of this lab is to introduce people to the field of electronics technology and all its possibilities. It is a perfect foundation for those wanting to learn how to program and create projects using microcontrollers like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc.
For a teacher, it is not necessary to have a background in electronics to offer this lab to their students. The only role of the teacher is to see that the students follow the instructions of the presenter on the video as well as those in the printed off written lessons.
There are written quizzes along with answer keys for the teacher to use to evaluate the progress of their students. Tech Support for instructors is available by email or phone.
The lab starts out with four lessons of information to give a foundation to begin the journey.
Then, with 30 electronics experiments, you learn how to use the eleven electronic components which are the building blocks for electronic circuits. This hands-on experience will give an individual valuable skills for them to use in today’s world of technology.
This lab box comes with a printed lab manual and a kit of all the parts to do the experiments. (Part #1101-BOX). It can be purchased with quantity discounts.
This lab can be used for individual instruction as well as a lock-step classroom program. Video lessons are available at $99 per teacher or classroom, Part Number #1101-TD.
For students who miss an instruction period, make-up is very easy. The student can watch the video lesson presentation, study the written lesson, and do the experiment.
This lab is also a perfect activity when you have a Substitute Teacher.
There are 34 video lessons on the Thumb Drive #1101-TD
Upon completion of this lab, the you will be able to:
- Draw an atom and label each element.
- Describe electron flow in a simple circuit.
- Draw a simple circuit schematic and identify the elements required for current to flow.
- Draw and identify basic electronics symbols.
- Read the Resistor Color Code and determine the values of resistors.
- Discuss the concepts and principles of a solderless circuit board.
- Construct circuits on a solderless circuit board.
- Correctly read the values of ceramic disc and electrolytic capacitors.
- Select the correct components and build an electronic circuit.
- Build a basic circuit using a potentiometer.
- Understand and use a photocell in an electronic circuit.
- Construct a circuit using a schematic diagram.
- Understand how and when to use a capacitor in an electronic circuit.
- Use a transducer like a speaker to make sounds from electron flow in a circuit.
- Know why you hear a clicking sound in a speaker when you connect and disconnect a circuit.
- Understand how the Gate in an SCR works and how to use it in an electronic circuit.
- Build a two-transistor oscillator with a PNP and an NPN transistor.
- State the function of a resistor and recognize its schematic symbol.
- State the function of a capacitor and recognize its schematic symbol.
- State the function of a power diode and recognize its schematic symbol.
- State the function of bipolar transistors and recognize its schematic symbols.
- State the function of a switch and recognize its schematic symbol.
- Understand the uses of a 555 Timer Integrated Circuit and how to use it to make an oscillator.
- Build an SCR Checker on a solderless circuit board.
- Build an NPN and PNP bipolar Transistor Checker.
- Build a Diode checker on a solderless circuit board.
- Troubleshoot electronic circuits by comparing the schematic to the physical circuit.
- State the 11 most common electronics components in use in electronics and their functions.
- Build a Variable Timer, Moisture Detector, Audio Generator, and more.