Mr Circuit Basic Electronics Lab 1
The Mr Circuit Basic Electronics Lab 1 is a great way to begin an electronics technology education. It teaches the basics of electron theory and also gives hands-on experience of building electronic circuits.
The purpose of this lab is to introduce people to the field of electronics technology and all its possibilities. It is a perfect foundation for those wanting to learn how to program and create projects using microcontrollers like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc.
The lab starts out with four lessons of information to give a foundation to begin the journey.
Then, with 30 electronics experiments, you learn how to use the eleven electronic components which are the building blocks for electronic circuits. This hands-on experience will give an individual valuable skills for them to use in today’s world of technology.
Upon completion of this lab, the you will be able to:
- Draw an atom and label each element.
- Describe electron flow in a simple circuit.
- Draw a simple circuit schematic and identify the elements required for current to flow.
- Draw and identify basic electronics symbols.
- Read the Resistor Color Code and determine the values of resistors.
- Discuss the concepts and principles of a solderless circuit board.
- Construct circuits on a solderless circuit board.
- Correctly read the values of ceramic disc and electrolytic capacitors.
- Select the correct components and build an electronic circuit.
- Build a basic circuit using a potentiometer.
- Understand and use a photocell in an electronic circuit.
- Construct a circuit using a schematic diagram.
- Understand how and when to use a capacitor in an electronic circuit.
- Use a transducer like a speaker to make sounds from electron flow in a circuit.
- Know why you hear a clicking sound in a speaker when you connect and disconnect a circuit.
- Understand how the Gate in an SCR works and how to use it in an electronic circuit.
- Build a two-transistor oscillator with a PNP and an NPN transistor.
- State the function of a resistor and recognize its schematic symbol.
- State the function of a capacitor and recognize its schematic symbol.
- State the function of a power diode and recognize its schematic symbol.
- State the function of bipolar transistors and recognize its schematic symbols.
- State the function of a switch and recognize its schematic symbol.
- Understand the uses of a 555 Timer Integrated Circuit and how to use it to make an oscillator.
- Build an SCR Checker on a solderless circuit board.
- Build an NPN and PNP bipolar Transistor Checker.
- Build a Diode checker on a solderless circuit board.
- Troubleshoot electronic circuits by comparing the schematic to the physical circuit.
- State the 11 most common electronics components in use in electronics and their functions.
- Build a Variable Timer, Moisture Detector, Audio Generator, and more.